Saturday, January 1, 2011

Sad Time

Yesterday was a sad day for our family.  My Uncle Doug (my dad's brother) lost his 2 1/2 year fight with cancer.  I am not that great with words but my sister is,so I copied what she wrote on her blog yesterday.

"Today was a very sad day today as my Uncle Doug (my Dad's brother) passed away after losing his two and a half year battle with cancer.  Doug celebrated his 61st birthday on Christmas day.  I am so glad that on Sunday I was able to go out and spend some time with Uncle Doug.  During our visit my Aunt Sandy told us the story of how she and Doug met when they were just teenagers.  They have been together ever since.  They have three sons and two grandchildren.  My Aunt Sandy is such a positive and upbeat person and she was such an amazing caregiver for my Uncle during the past couple of years.  I never once heard her complain about anything and she was so patient with everything they had to go through.  Uncle Doug was such a fighter.  He endured countless surgeries and therapies with the attitude that he was going to beat this thing.  Even after he was told that there was nothing else they could do for him, Doug was still going to work and getting things in order for when he wouldn't be there anymore.  He worked up until last Thursday."

I was able to go with my sister, dad and brother to visit my Uncle Doug and Aunt Sandy last Sunday.  I know that Uncle Doug is in a wonderful place now with my Grandma Sisson.  I would just ask for prayers for our family, especially Sandy and the boys and my Grandpa Sisson.

Here is a picture of Uncle Doug with Madison, Sandy, Grandpa Sisson and Jordan at Jillian and Sophia's first birthday party. 

No comments: