Friday, June 13, 2008

Surprise!

We finally made it back home! It was a great trip and I am sure I will have a few blogs about it for the next week. But first I must dig myself out of the laundry heap and get everything ready for Vacation Bible School. I am in charge of crafts so it is going to be a busy week.

First a post about a little surprise that I was in on. A couple of weeks ago Christie called and needed my help. She was going to surprise all the BFEs and show up at our 10 year reunion. It was all worked out but then a man had to go and mess it up (some men are pigs). Anyway, Christie needed me to pick her up at the airport and give her a ride to Kansas. I was glad to do it but I had to keep it a secret. For those of you that know me it is no surprise that I can not keep a secret, but this time I did!
On Friday, Hadley and I picked Christie up at the airport and headed to Kansas. On the way I called Laura, Audra and Megan and told them to meet me at Laura's because I had something to share with them. Of course this got their wheels turning and they were convinced I was prego with #2. Boy, were they wrong. They thought they had it all figured out. Even Megan's husband, Brent, knew he was right.
Well, we got to Laura's a little early and I went inside. We were saying our hellos when I told her there was someone at the door and I didn't know who it was. She ran for the door so the person wouldn't ring the doorbell. (Barrett was napping) I got a picture just as she opened the door.
Then it was time to wait for the other girls to arrive. Audra was up next. We hid Christie in the back room and let Audra in. Then I told her I would be right back and I came out with Christie. Here is the look on Audra's face.

Next up Megan. We did the same thing. Here is the look on her face.

There was lots of laughing and a few tears. It was a great time. We spent most of the weekend together having lots of fun. We even fit in a breakfast the morning of Christie's departure. I love my BFEs and can't wait until we can all be together again for some good times.

Here is a picture of Aunt Christie and all the kiddos.

Sorry about the red eyes. My computer is giving me problems.

3 comments:

The Mom Jen said...

What a fun time and so many neat surprises!

Bethany said...

What a fun little surprise!! It was so great to see you all last weekend and I must admit I had to do a double take when I saw Christie too...I didn't think she was going to make it either!!

YAY!!

Good luck getting your crafts ready!!

Christie's Endless Craze said...

I want to do it all over again! Thank you so much for being my partner in crime. We will do it again soon :) They will never know. I miss you so much. Can't wait to see you again! love you!