Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Picking Blackberries





This morning Hadley and I went to pick blackberries at Toomey's Berry Farm. We had a great time. We went with our family club and met about 9am. They open at 7am and said they were pretty much picked over by 8am. But that didn't stop our little ones. They were hunting like crazy for the all black ones. Well, Hadley was having more fun eating them. She would come and grab the bucket from me sit in the middle of the row and start eating. She was covered from head to toe when we left. I had to strip her down to her diaper for the ride home. The owners asked to take a picture because she was so covered in berry juice. It was a great time and I recommend berry picking for everyone.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

That sounds fun!! I wonder if there is anything like that around here? Although it is WAY too hot this time of year it would be a fun winter outing!!

I think if we ever go I better put my kids in "play clothes" though! Otherwise I would be stressed and not able to enjoy it!!

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are too cute!
Last summer when I was in MN Cole, Cade, Grandpa Fred, and I went strawberry picking! It was fun and delicious!