Monday, July 21, 2008

Party, new shoes and boo-boos

We had a busy weekend. On Saturday, we went to a birthday party for twins turning 2. Hadley had a great time. She fell in love with one of the presents they got. It was a play vacuum like this




I think I see one in Hadley's future. She is a girl after my own heart :)

After the party we were on a mission. Now I know I talk a lot about my daughter's shoes. Recently we have run into a problem. All the shoes that she has are rubbing blisters on her feet. We have all different sizes. She has a long skinny foot and most baby shoes are made for chubby little baby feet. So I decided to break down and buy a good pair.

My dilemma was what color to get. I wanted something she could wear with everything. I finally went with brown because they had it in stock. I tried to get a picture of Hadley in her new shoes but she was on the run and ready to leave for church so no such luck. Here is a picture from the trusty internet.
Now for the boo-boo part. As we were walking out of church yesterday Hadley tripped and skinned her knee. She had skinned it before but not enough to make it bleed. This time it bled and she wanted nothing to do with a band-aid. When we got home from church I put her down for a nap only to come back to a crying baby with band-aid in hand and blood on her sheets. So, another band-aid later and mommy holding her she finally fell asleep. Next I tried to put her in her crib, nope not having it. So, I got a 2 1/2 hour nap with her. Now that is a good day!

No comments: