Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mother's day


For this Mother's Day weekend I would like to dedicate my post to my wonderful mother. She is one of my best friends. I know a lot of people say that, but I really mean it. I talk to her on the phone almost everyday. I can tell her anything and she will be honest with me. It has not always been this way. We have had our ups and downs, haven't all moms and daughters. I was not the best daughter during my teens and early twenties. As I have grown up I have learned to respect my mom in a whole new way. She is a strong and wonderful woman. She has been through some amazing struggles and is still going strong. She has a love for life and everyone in it. Sometimes I wonder how she can always seem so happy, even when she is in a bad situation. She has always given her all and more to her family. I hope that I can give that to my family as well. One thing that my mom has taught me since I was a little girl is to dream and that you can do whatever you put your mind to. When I was in college and going through some depression this would always help me to get through a rough time. I would remember that my mom told me I could do anything I set my mind to. After I had Hadley and was dealing with PPD my mom was there to cheer me on and lift me up. I will never be able to thank her for being there when I needed her most. I hope that she knows that she is the most amazing mom in the world. The world is a better place because she is in it. I love you mom!

4 comments:

Laura said...

This is so sweet! Aren't we lucky to have such wonderful moms in our lives!! Happy Mother's day to you!
Love you~

Laura said...

Oh...love the new layout! I almost used this one when I set mine up...I like it!

Abbyjo80 said...

oh i love your page!!!

Anonymous said...

You made my day sweetie. I am so lucky and thankful to have such a thoughtful and caring daughter. Hadley is going to have such a wonderful life because she has you for a mother. The bond between a mother and her children is one of God's greatest gifts and I thank Him daily for that. You and your brothers and sisters are pieces of my heart and I am with you always! I Love You, Mom