Friday, May 23, 2008

Flashback Friday

Today's flashback is dedicated to my little brother Alex. He has just finished up 8th grade and will be going to High School next year. I still can't believe it. I think he was just born yesterday. I was 14 when he was born. I loved having a baby around the house. I still remember the day he was born. I couldn't wait to go see him at the hosptial. Of course he was born around midnight so I had to wait until the next day. When he came home from the hospital we were all so excited. He was the 6th kid so there was always someone around to hold him. I loved getting to babysit him. Well, as long as it fit into my schedule :) It has been so much fun watching Alex grow and mature. He is a great uncle to Hadley. He even learned to bounce her during her fussy stage. Whenever we go to visit he plays with her and watches her if I need him to. He even made her a K-State teddy bear for her birthday.
He is taller than me but he will always be my little brother. I love you Alex. Have a great summer.

3 comments:

Laura said...

I remember when he was born too! Gosh, seems like just yesterday your mom was trying to decide on names! I don't remember her other choices, but Alex was my favorite!He's grown into a wonderful young man :) Those pictures are so cute!!

The Mom Jen said...

What a sweet sister you are! Happy Graduation Alex!

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if I can. I got a babysitting job so that's going to take up a lot of time but I definitely want to see you guys this summer!