Friday, January 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Alex!


Today is my brother Alex's 15th birthday! Happy Birthday Alex!
I can't believe he is 15. I can still remember the night my mom headed to the hospital to have him. We had gone to eat at the Triangle, one of our favorite Mexican food places. We got home and went to bed. I don't know what time it was but my mom came in to say they were headed to the hospital and Granny Jean was on her way to the house. Mom was in labor the whole next day. I think Granny and I spent most of the day playing double solitaire. We also happened to put dish soap in the dishwasher and had bubbles everywhere. Mom ended up having a C-section that night. We got to go see Alex the next day. I loved and still love being his big sister. Although he would probably tell you I boss him around a little too much.
One of the best things is watching him be an Uncle to Hadley. He is great with her and she loves her Uncle Alex. When she was in her fussy stage, Alex could hold her just right and get her to quiet down.
Alex, I hope you have a great birthday. I love you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being such a great big sister,not a GREAT BIG sister but a GREAT older sister. Alex is so lucky. I remember that we almost lost you while you were waiting for Alex to be born, you were so anxious to meet him. Love, Mom

Alex T. said...

Thanks for the post i am lucky to have sisters like you jess and Eryn. :)