Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Hodge Podge

We don't have much news to report here.  This post is just a hodge podge of things.
We had a very busy weekend.  We had two birthday parties, Vacation Bible School meeting, open house at the pool, and dinner with our Sunday school class this weekend.  I haven't been taking very many pictures and need to get back in the habit of taking it with us.  We are planning to go to the zoo in the morning if the rain is gone by then.  Hopefully I will get some pictures there. 
We are getting excited to spend some time in Kansas soon with family.  While we are there we will be running/walking a 5K in memory of my Uncle Doug.  The 5K is put on by the Colon Cancer Coalition.  I am excited because we have a team of 21 and we all have shirts with Uncle Doug's picture on them. It is going to be a great time!
We have been saying a lot of prayers for all of the people in Joplin, MO.  I just sit and look at all the pictures and can't believe all the damage and lives lost.  I had Hadley and Jillian help me gather things to donate.  She has been praying each night for the people that are hurt or stuck.  It is so neat to see her start to have empathy for others. 
On a storm note today has been an active day in Oklahoma for storms.  My prayers go out to all the people in western Oklahoma and the Oklahoma City area.  We spent some time in the closet tonight.  I have always been one that got nervous about storms and tonight was no different.  Yes, I had my kids in the closet with bike helmets on but I wanted them safe.  I feel like I need to teach them that there is no such thing as too safe. 
And now for the only picture in the post.  Hadley had quiet time in her room for an hour each afternoon.  You never know how she will be dressed when she comes out at the end.  On this day she said she was pretending to be cold and put all of her dress-up clothes on.  I am not sure about the microphone sticking out of her clothes.  She is always performing.

No comments: