Monday, December 20, 2010

Birthday/Sick Weekend

This last weekend was not quite what we had planned around our house.  Mike usually takes a day off around my birthday just to be home with us.  This year my birthday was on Saturday and he took Friday off.  We had originally planned to go shopping at the mall while Hadley was in school and then do dinner out and look at Christmas lights.  These plans changed on Thursday afternoon when Hadley was hit by the stomach bug.  So on Friday Jillian and Daddy ran errands in the morning and Hadley and I did crafts at home.  Hadley woke up and was feeling pretty good on Friday.  Friday afternoon I took Jillian to the dermatologist (she was diagnosed with a type of eczema).  When we got home Hadley was feeling a little better but Mike was going down hill fast.  So no dinner out we just got carryout and stayed home.  I did get to enjoy the Paula Deen's mini cheesecakes that Mike made me.  My man can bake!  Hadley and I made a quick trip to Target for some cold medicine.  We took a quick picture before we left. 


 I originally had Mike get the camera out because I wanted a picture of the purse my mom and sister got me for my birthday.  I love it.

 Mike seemed to get worse as the night went on.  He was all congested.  I was starting to get bummed because I hate when my family is sick and I love getting spoiled on my birthday.  Saturday Mike put on a good act and got up at 5:45am with the kiddos so I could sleep in a little longer.  Then he made pancakes for breakfast.  By lunch he seemed to be feeling a little better and the girls were acting ok.  Hadley just didn't seem to have her energy back.  On the agenda for the afternoon was watching our Wildcats play basketball. It was a pretty ugly game that did not end the way we wanted but I got a cute picture of Mike and Jillian watching the game.
 Here is picture of the wonderful gift Mike and the girls got me.  I can't wait to learn how to use it.
 Saturday evening we had Mike's Christmas party for work.  We had a very hard time deciding whether to go or not.  Mike wasn't feeling the greatest and Hadley started telling us her stomach hurt when it was about time for us to go.  We decided to go anyway and let the babysitter know to call us if anything changed.  I checked in part way through the night and they we playing duck,duck,goose so I knew things we going well.  We got home around 10:30 and not 5 minutes after the babysitter left Hadley was back making friends with the sick bowl.  Poor girl couldn't catch a break.  We were bummed because we were suppose to celebrate Christmas with Mike's mom and stepdad on Sunday.  We called and told them they may not want to come to the sick house.  They decided to risk it and we are so glad they came.  Hadley was back to about 80 percent on Sunday and Jillian just had a runny nose.
Here is Grandad one of Santa's helpers.
 And Granny another helper.
 Daddy couldn't be left out.
 I think Granny really liked her Coldwater Creek gift card.
 Here is Jillian taking in all the action.
 Time for presents.


 Hadley had to put her new dress-up shoes right to work.  Doesn't everyone where heels in the kitchen?
 Then it was time to decorate some cookies.
 We had a great time with Granny and Grandad.  We called it an early night because we were all not feeling the greatest and the noses were starting to run.  I woke up this morning to two coughing girls and I wasn't feeling great either.  We spent the day at home but did make it outside for a few minutes to enjoy the 60 degree day.  We weren't in very long before the stomach bug decided to hit Jillian.  She is sleeping now and I hope that she can sleep through the night and wakes up feeling better in the morning.  We are just hoping we get all the sickness out of here before Christmas.

2 comments:

Christie's Endless Craze said...

Great post... So sorry to hear the sick bug is going around your house. I hope it is completely gone by Christmas, or before actually! I love the purse and YOU LOOK AMAZING! I can't wait to see what you are going to learn to sew first :)

laura mcpherson said...

I hope that sick bug is GONE by now! Not fun for your birthday at all ;( Sounds like you had a good weekend, despite it all though! Good luck with that white box gift you got. I have no idea what that is :)

Love ya