Thursday, August 28, 2008

16 months

Wow, 16 months old. I am still trying to comprehend where the last 16 months have gone. This week I have noticed many times how big Hadley is getting. She seems to be pushing her independence more and more every day. One day she wants me to help feed her and the next she will only do it on her own. One day she will wear and bib and the next she will have nothing to do with a bib.
Her vocabulary is growing day by day. She calls Mike, "Da" and me, "Mommby." She loves to say bubbles when it is bath time. When the phone rings she will say, "lo" for hello. We have two friends that we play with a lot, Alex and Sassy (real name Reagan). She tries to say their names and they come out as , "Ajec " and "assy." It is very cute.
She tries to put her own "oosh" (shoes) on. And loves to help dress herself and really loves to undress herself. She loves to drink out of mommy and daddy's glasses instead of a sippy cup. When outside she wants to push the stroller by herself and not ride in it. She will even stop if you try to help her steer. I don't know where her stubbornness comes from...
The 16 month mark has also brought the tantrum stage with it. Boy can she throw and good one. She gets her whole body into it and screams. Not just a little scream but a scream to break all the windows. Sometimes all I can do is laugh to keep from crying.
I am so proud of my 16 month old and love watching all the changes happen. On that note, I need to thank my wonderful husband for allowing me to stay home and cherish all the wonderful moments with my daughter. Thanks Mike!
Just born

8 months

16 months

3 comments:

Christie's Endless Craze said...

Hmmm... Stubbornness? I would have no idea where she gets that :) I can't believe how fast she has grown up either. Seems like it was just yesterday I was visiting her and she was 1 ro 2 months old! See you later today!

Just Me said...

whatta sweet-pea....she is absolutely adorable!! have a great loooong weekend!

laura mcpherson said...

She looks like such a little lady! I love it!!! She's growing fast and is so lucky to have her mommy home with her to watch her turn into her own little person!

Enjoy every little moment :)