Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Time with Lady

Last Thursday morning I heard this question more than one time, "When will Lady be here?".  The girls could not wait for their Lady to come visit for a few days.  I was excited to see my mom but I was also excited to get a weekend away with my hubby.  Mike and I headed to Manhattan on Friday for a weekend away.  We relaxed, shopped, saw 2 movies, had dinner with friends and I ran a 10K.  It was a great weekend.  While we were away the girls and Lady were having a great time.

 On Monday we decided to have some more girl bonding time and went for pedicures.  The girls were wearing their new K-State headbands.

 Time for some pampering and relaxation.  Note to self getting a pedicure with a 2 year old is fun but not relaxing.

 The finished product.

 Two very happy girls.
  We spent the rest of the afternoon hanging out at the house doing a little dress-up.

 I had planned to make a good dinner that night and just enjoy the last night of my mom being at our house.  That isn't exactly what happened.  Late afternoon I headed into the office to check my e-mail.  I walked in as I usually do and ran right into the wheel of my mom's suitcase.  I screamed and fell onto the mattress that was set up in there.  I knew something was not right but thought maybe I had just hit my toe really hard.  After a trip to Ergent Care I found out that I had broken my toe.  What a bummer.  The doctor said not to run for 3 weeks and I think that is what upset me the most.  I have finally hit a place in my running where I feel like I am getting somewhere.  I am 8 weeks out from my half marathon and am afraid that this may set me back a long way.  Oh well that is life.  I am just hoping it heals faster than the doctor thinks.  I was glad my mom was able to stay with the girls while Mike took me to Ergent Care.  Not the evening I planned.
Tuesday we took Lady to the airport to head out to see Jessica, Matt and Sophia.  We were sad to see her leave but happy for her to get some time with the Bryson family.
Thanks Mom for all of your help!


Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

Sounds like a fun weekend...minus the toe thing. I am cringing just reading about it! OUCH.
Good work running a 10K and heading into a half marathon.

Your girls are so adorable, I love how they call your mom there a story with that or did they come up with that by themselves? Just curious!
Saying a prayer for a speedy recovery for that toe!!

Amber said...

Thanks for the prayers for the toe. My mom wanted a creative name when she had grandkids. One of my former students had called her grandma, my lady. I thought it was cute. My mom decided on Grandlady but it was shortened by all the kids to Lady.