Thursday, April 21, 2011

Trip to Kansas

Last Thursday the girls and I headed to Kansas for a 4 day weekend.  Mike had a conference in Texas so he didn't get to make the trip with us.  We stayed at my mom and Mark's house.  Right when we got there the playing started.

Brylee saying cheese.
 Uncle Alex and his girls.
 Jillian enjoying some Lady time.
 Hadley trying to make a mad face.

Friday the girls and I went to a play time at the gym and then to lunch with Audra and Caroline.  Next up was nap and making cupcakes for the birthday party.  Friday night the girls stayed with Lady and I got to go out for girls' night.  It was so nice to have an evening out with my best friends.  We enjoyed dinner and a lot of chatting.  I didn't take a single picture.
Saturday we had a birthday party for the girls at the park.  It was a little chilly but we had fun.  Here are lots of pictures from the party.


 The swings were the place to be during the party. 


 Brennen lost a tooth the night before.  He never wants me to take a picture of him but I told him I needed to show Auntie Jessica his missing tooth.


 Brylee was trying to warm up with Lady.







 Jillian talked Granny into going down the slide with her.


 Time for cupcakes.


Present time.

After the party we went back to Lady's to visit with Granny Jean and Papa Kirby.  Then Jillian took a nap while Hadley and I went to visit Grandpa Great.  I was really bad about not getting my camera out this trip so no pictures from Saturday afternoon.
Saturday night was Prom in Winfield.  It is hard to believe that my little brother is old enough to go to Prom.  In Winfield how you arrive to Prom is a big deal.  They set up bleachers for everyone to sit and watch. Alex, Loryn and a few other people went in a black van that they wrote FBI on.  When the drove up the driver and Alex had dark glasses on and were very serious.  They got out in FBI mode and opened the back doors to let their prisoners (the girls) out.  It was neat.  They got the award for Most Creative entrance.  The girls had a blast watching all the "princesses" arrive at the dance.  Brylee even came dressed for the dance.
 Jillian made a new friend, Lorry, Loryn's mom.


 My little brother and Loryn.

By the time we got to Lady's on Saturday night the girls were exhausted.  On Sunday we spent some more time with Lady and then headed back home.  It was a busy and fun trip.

No comments: