Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My baby is 2!

I can't believe that Jillian is 2 today.  It seems like just yesterday I was holding her for the first time.  She has grown and changed so much in 2 years.  She is such a sweet girl.  She is really talking these days.  Sometimes we know what she is saying and other times not so much.  She can get pretty upset if you can't figure out what she is saying. 
She loves to play with baby dolls and makes sure to tell me that she is the "mom-mom".  Mom-mom is what she calls me.  She likes to repeat syllables.  Her pajamas are "me-mees."  Her Lady is "Lay-lay." 
She loves to play make believe, especially with her sister.  They usually play house or doctor.  She also loves the Little Mermaid.  She can name all of the Disney princesses, thanks to her sister.  She loves to read books.
She has finally become a very good sleeper.  She goes to bed at 7:30am each night and gets up at 6:30am each morning.  She also takes a good 2-3 hour nap each day.
She loves her daddy and gets very excited when he gets home from work.
She loves to be outside.
We are noticing a few fears.  She is afraid of most animals especially dogs.  She is afraid of balloons for the most part and says, "Balloons get me."  She doesn't like to be up high. I learned this when I tried to change her diaper in a public restroom.  She does not like the changing tables.
We are starting to see a few of the "terrible two" characteristics coming out in Jillian.  She can throw a mighty big fit and likes to be very independent.  Throw that in with a sister that has quite an attitude and our house can be really fun at times.  But believe me that laughs and fun heavily out weigh the fits and attitude.
 I can't wait to see what the next year has to hold for Jillian.
Here is Jillian right after she was born.
 1 year old

And my big 2 year old


Happy birthday Jillian Ruth!

2 comments:

Jessica B said...

Happy Birthday, Jilly Ruth!!! I was just looking back at the posts we put up last year when our little ones turned one. I can't believe how fast they are growing up. We love you sweet little Jilly.

laura mcpherson said...

Happy Birthday, Miss Jillian Ruth! It was so fun to celebrate with you at the park over the weekend! Love, Laura & Barrett