Saturday, July 3, 2010

Tag... you're it

My sister Jessica tagged me on her blog.  So here goes...

1.  What’s your staple meal (ie. what meal do you cook most often when you can’t be bothered to be adventurous)?
Cooking is not my specialty.   I think Mike will tell you it is getting better with each year we are married.  We seem to get stuck on the same meals over and over.  I have been trying to change it up here and there.  Our 2 staple meals are tacos and  spaghetti.  They seem to be easy and don't take any thought.


2. What do you want to be when you grow up? 
Right now I have the job I have always wanted, being a wife and mother.  I think I have known since I was little that I wanted to be at home with my kiddos.  Now please don't ask me that on a bad day because I would tell you I was getting a job outside the home :)  Seriously though, I love being at home with my girls everyday and am very lucky to be able to do just that.

3. What book are you reading at the moment (if any)?
I love to read!  For some reason since Jillian was born I have had a hard time finding the time to read anything other than kids books.  Yesterday alone we read at least 15 books throughout the day.  Hadley can be found with a book almost all the time.  Back to me,  I just started reading Handle With Care by Jodi Picoult.  So far it is good.  Also on my nightstand are Dare to Discipline and The Strong Willed Child both by Dr. James Dobson.


4. How do you relax?
Sleep!  I would say if I have an extra moment or two I want to get a nap in.  I also love a date with my husband or a pedicure.


5. What color are the interior walls of your home? 
We have a few different colors in our house.  We tend to have different shades of browns throughout most.  Hadley has a pale yellow in her room.  Our kitchen is Chai Spice and our bathroom is Sea Sage.  Funny thing, when I met Mike he lived in this house.  All of the walls were white and he maybe had 2 things on the walls.  That sure has changed!


6. What is your guiltiest pleasure?I would have to say tv is my guiltiest pleasure.  I love reality tv and my soaps.  I watch Young and the Restless everyday and try to catch General Hospital when I can.  I love DVR.

7. What time is bedtime and getting up time? 
That seems to be ever changing in our house.   I am usually in bed and asleep by 11pm each night.  Now many nights I have been asleep on the couch for an hour or so before that.  Getting up time changes with each new phase the kids go through.  If it is my gym morning I am up at 5am if not it is usually between 6am and 7am.  We have finally found a way to keep Hadley in room until 7am and I will have to do a post on how.  Jillian usually gets up around 6:30am.


8. How long do you spend reading blogs (per day or per week)?  
I probably spend an hour total throughout the day on the computer with e-mail, facebook and blogs.  I love Google reader and would be lost without it.

I would like to tag Christie and Audra

I can't leave a post without some pictures.  I found these on my small camera that I keep in the diaper bad.  They are from the night we went to dinner with Mike's mom and niece.

No comments: