Sunday, May 6, 2012

5 year old

On the 26th of April, Hadley turned 5 years old.  Yes, you heard me right, 5 years old.  I remember when I was pregnant with her and teaching kindergarten.  I thought it would be forever before my baby was that old.  Well I blinked my eyes and here we are.  They have been a wonderful 5 years of watching my girl grow.  She is the one that has taught us how to be parents.  I won't say that every minute of the 5 years has been great but the good far out weigh the bad.  Having a 5 year old is bittersweet for me.  I am so happy to see her grow and mature.  But I also have to let go of my little girl in a way.  I had a kindergarten meeting for her last week and realized she will not be with me the majority of the time next year.  She can't wait for kindergarten because in her own words, "Mom, I get to have more time with my friends."  I know she will squeeze a little learning in there too.

Here is the big 5 year old on her birthday morning.
 She finally got the Pocahontas dress she has been begging for.

 She also got bubble gum.  Our rule is you can chew gum when you turn 5.  She has been talking about this for the last year.  She couldn't wait to turn 5 and chew bubble gum.   I thought she was going to wake up and ask for bubble gum right away.  This has not happened.  In fact she still hasn't tried it.  She says she is a little scared she might swallow it.

 We went to lunch for her birthday and she picked Buffalo Wild Wings.  She loves that place and asks to go there all the time.  We spent the afternoon playing at home.
 She also had dance pictures that day.
I think she had a great birthday.  Here are a few things about my 5 year old that I always want to remember.
  • Hadley is a girl who doesn't miss anything.  She is very observant and wants to learn about everything.
  • Hadley still has her imaginary friends Mouse and Swiper.  She doesn't talk about them as much these days but reminds me about them every now and then.
  • Hadley is a very good big sister.  
  • Hadley loves to play school at home.  She is the teacher and Jillian is her class.
  • Hadley is a daddy's girl.  If daddy is home she wants to be with him.  She really loves when he takes her for rides in his "fast" car.
  • Hadley sleeps with 3 blankets and about 20 stuffed animals and she knows if one is out of place :)
  • She loves to play with her baby.
  • Hadley is reading a lot these days and it has been so much fun to watch her learn.
  • Hadley is still very scared of dogs and cats.  This is a major concern when we go to anyone's house.
  • Hadley is excited to be a big sister again but does not want to change diapers.  She says Jillian can do that!
  • Hadley is an emotional girl!
  • Hadley loves all things fashion and is always planning her next outfit.
We love you Hadley Elizabeth.

No comments: