Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Great Weekend!

This past weekend was a wonderful weekend. I got to spend the whole weekend with my BFE girls celebrating our 30th birthdays! (Thanks Mike and Marlene for taking care of Hadley and Jillian.).
Audra,Christie, Laura and Megan all came down to spend the weekend in Tulsa. They came here so I could be close to Jillian in case she didn't take a bottle. The good news is she took the bottle like a champ. Now I can get away a little more.
I met the girls at the hotel around 3pm on Friday. We started of the weekend in BFE style with 7-layer dip. "We are always worried about getting something to eat."


Next up was shopping and dinner at Carraba's After dinner we headed back to the hotel to hang out and chat. Christie brought us a delicious birthday cake.
The next morning we got up and headed out to shop and have a spa afternoon. Shopping was a big success for me. Amazing what you can do without two little ones with you. The spa was very relaxing. That night we ate at my favorite restaurant, Charlestons.

Here we are ready to go to dinner.
Audra and Laura at dinner.
Christie, Megan and me at dinner.
After dinner we went to Target for the second time on the trip and then it was back to the hotel for talking and lots of laughing. I don't think it was quiet in our room until after 1am. Sunday morning we fit in breakfast at Mimi's Cafe and a little more shopping.
Then it was time for the girls to load up and head back home. I had a hard time seeing them go. We have all been friends for so long and have a great time together. I hate that we all don't live in the same town. I hope that we can have girls weekends more often.

To my BFEs,
Thanks for a wonderful weekend. I can only hope that Hadley and Jillian are blessed with a group of friends as wonderful as mine. I love you girls.

One last group shot as we were leaving the hotel.

No comments: