Saturday, June 9, 2012

36 weeks and false alarm

Here is my 36 week belly shot.  The one on the right is when I was 36 weeks pregnant with Jillian.
 I am at the feeling bigger than I have ever felt stage :)  I took the girls swimming for 2 hours yesterday and I was done for the day.  Needless to say Daddy took us to dinner and went to Sam's with us.  Mike is such a big help and I am so lucky to have him.  The girls have also been helpful lately (when they aren't arguing with each other).  I will tell Hadley I need to do something and she will say, "Mom I will do that, you are busy being pregnant."  She also likes to remind me of how fat my tummy is.  I know she means it all in love.
We had a false alarm this week and got to visit the hospital.  It all started on Wednesday.  I hadn't been feeling the best most of the day and started having contractions about 7pm.  They kept getting closer and closer together.  They were strong too.  I finally called my mom around 10pm and told her they were getting closer together so she headed this way.  When she got to our apartment about 12:30am my contractions were every 4-6 minutes.  I had talked to the doctor on call and he said to go to the hospital and get checked.  We got to the hospital and they checked me ( I was dilated to a 2 which I had been the week before as well) and monitored me for a little bit.  Then they said to head home and come back if the contractions were 3 minutes apart or my water broke.  I had a doctor's appointment the next morning.  So we headed home and everybody but me got to sleep.  My contractions continued but slowed down.  By the time we went to the doctor they were every 15 minutes.  My doctor said it was just my body getting ready and it wouldn't be anytime soon.  I was embarrassed that it was my 3rd pregnancy and I acted like I knew nothing :)  At least in 3 pregnancies this is my first time to go to the hospital and get sent home.  Good news is little man is still cooking away.  I am still having contractions off and on but I did the same thing with Jillian for a week or so.  It could be anytime or he could wait and come closer to the 4th of July.  We just want a healthy baby and easy delivery :)

No comments: