Monday, December 19, 2011

Baby Kirk #3

We had an ultrasound last Tuesday and everything looks great. We got some good pictures of the baby but our scanner isn't working so I will post them when I can.  Baby's heartbeat was 176.  My doctor moved my due date up a little and I am now due July 2 (no I will not try and hold out for a firecracker baby).  If this baby is like the other two he/she will be making an early arrival.
I was very excited when my doctor moved the dates because that meant I was less than a week away from the 12 week mark.  I am hoping the 12th week marks a time of no sickness but we will have to see. 
We took the girls with us to the ultrasound.  I wanted them to be able to hear the heartbeat and see the baby.  I prepared them by looking at ultrasound pictures from when I was 6 weeks pregnant with Hadley and 10 weeks pregnant with Jillian.  As we were watching on the screen Hadley said, "That does not look like a baby."  She was a little more convinced when she heard the heartbeat.  Jillian on the other hand had been saying there was no baby in my tummy but after the ultrasound she is sure there is a baby in there.
We have started talking names and I think the girls are pretty sure they will be naming this baby.  That could make for a real interesting name.  We are excited to find out what we are having and hope to do that in January or February.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

I hope your sickness subsides soon and you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!