Sunday, March 8, 2009

Tulsa Zoo

On Friday night Mike and I decided that Saturday would be a good day to go to the zoo. We have a membership and Hadley and I have been several times. Mike has only been with us on Hallowzooeen, when it was dark and we were trick-or-treating. The weather was going to be nice so it was a date.
When I was putting Hadley to bed on Friday night I told her when we woke up we would go to the zoo. Big mistake. She decided to get up at 5:45am on Saturday. Not my idea of fun considering I was up from 1:45-3:45 unable to sleep and listening to my neighbors have a party after the bars closed. Anyway...we were able to get Hadley to watch cartoons for a little bit and then it was time to start our day. It was doughnut morning so that was first on our list of things to do. Then we got ready, packed a lunch and headed to the zoo. It was an overcast and windy day but the temperature was perfect and we beat the crowd by getting there early.

Here are Hadley and Daddy, ready to go.

Goofing off.

Checking out the lions with daddy.
Time to stop and play.

Time for the petting zoo. For those of you that know Hadley, this was her least favorite part. She started crying when I walked towards the goats and sheep. We only looked at the caged rabbits.


We had a great time. Hadley loved that Daddy was there with us. She is a Daddy's girl! I love to watch them together. If she asked for the moon he would get it for her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a blast. I had Brennen and Brylee this afternoon so Jordan and Cammie could go shed hunting or so they say. They did come back with some antlers and I saw Cammie checking for ticks so I think they were on the up and up. With daylight savings when do you think Hadley will wake up?? Love you, Mom

Laura said...

Looks like you had fun at the zoo and the weather was perfect for it this weekend. We haven't been since September, so I'm looking forward to taking Barrett back now that he'll have more of a clue what's going on :)

Have a great week. Hope you're feeling good, little mama!